Do you want to prevent clogged drains in your home? Of course you do! Fixing clogged drains can be time-consuming and costly; you can avoid all that work by taking preventative measures. It’s much easier to simply prevent clogged drains from happening in the first place. Here are five ways to do just that:
- Don’t pour oil or grease down your drain! This is the #1 no-no when it comes to preventing clogs in your drain. Instead, you should always pour your grease into a sealable container and then throw it away. Grease WILL stick to your pipes and cause serious damage otherwise!
- Pour boiling water down your drain. This will melt away fat or grease.
- Avoid putting certain types of food in your garbage disposal. The most common troublemakers include banana peels, coffee grounds, eggshells and potato skins. These types of food are thick and/or sticky, so they don’t grind well in disposals. Pay attention to the types of foods that go down your drain!
- In your bathroom sink and tub, clean drain stoppers on a regular basis. Hair, soap scum and other gunk can collect on the stoppers in your sink and tub and slow drainage.
- Consider using drain screens on all your drains. These items fit over drain openings to help prevent food, hair, soap scum and other gunk from entering your drain in the first place. You can find drain screens at hardware or bath stores.
Contact the Experts at Reichelt Today
It’s time to contact Reichelt Plumbing today! Let our team of skilled plumbing pros handle your clogged drain issues, so that you don’t have to. Get in touch with us today to learn more! We’re always happy to speak with you and tell you more about our services.