Emergency Fire Restoration Services Schererville, IN
Fire Damage Repair Services South Cook County, IL
When a fire occurs, damages are bound to follow. Let us make this difficult time less worrisome. Reichelt’s experienced plumbers have the expertise you need to repair your home. Fires can affect plumbing just as much as personal property, and Reichelt, unlike other contracting companies, is specially trained in plumbing repairs. We can make choosing a fire restoration company hassle-free.
Our Northwest Indiana plumbing technicians are available to you at any time of day. Plumbing issues and disasters don’t wait to happen when the time is convenient. Our plumbing team will come when you call around the clock to repair those plumbing issues that cannot wait until normal business hours.
He was professional, explained everything very well and did an awesome job.
Fire Damage Restoration Process
First, let us say how sorry we are that you need to go through this process. Secondly, during this difficult time, you want someone you can rely on to provide high-quality service you can trust. Reichelt Plumbing has 25+ years of experience in the industry and are experts at fire damage restoration.
During the restoration process, we will:
- Thoroughly inspect damage to your home or business and provide a detailed assessment and a cost estimate to you and your insurance company.
- Board up walls and doors to prevent entry to the building and to help stabilize walls and roofs.
- Repair damage to plumbing pipes and water heaters, if any.
- Remove and dispose of belongings that have been damaged beyond repair.
- Address water damage issues with the latest equipment, including air movers and negative air fans, which help clean air ducts.
- Eliminate soot, dust, and smoke damage to carpets, furniture, and other belongings.
- Replace damaged flooring, repair woodwork, and repaint walls and ceilings.
Please don’t attempt to do any of these things yourself, as there may be toxic fumes and other dangers lurking inside after a fire, even a relatively minor one. Reichelt Plumbing is available to help you after a fire, so please call us as soon as you need us.
Things you should do before we arrive
Once you have called Reichelt Plumbing to begin the fire damage restoration process, there are a few things you can do before we arrive to make things go more smoothly:
- Call the electric company – They will send a technician to disconnect the main line from your home or business.
- Contact the Red Cross – They can find temporary shelter for your family if you need it.
- Talk to your insurance agent – He or she will tell you exactly what you need to do to file a claim.
- Call your mortgage company or landlord – Ask what paperwork you need to fill out and see if they offer any help will mortgage/rent payments.
- If the fire department says you can re-enter the building, then you can:
- Close the main water source to prevent more damage.
- Open windows to air out the building.
- Take inventory of what has been damaged.
We promise to arrive promptly and will use all the latest tools and techniques to get your home or business back to normal as soon as we can.
How long does it take to clean up fire damage?
The length of time it will take to clean up fire damage depends on the extent and location of the damage. The cleanup process takes skill, patience, and the help of experienced professionals. It is important for your health and safety that you do not attempt to clean up fire damage yourself. There is a particular process you must follow to clean up fire-damaged materials that will ensure your home is safe to live in.
How long will the cleanup and restoration process take?
The time it takes for both the cleanup and restoration process is very dependent on the extent of the damage and where the fire was located. If your home is extensively burned, you can expect the process to stretch months. However, a small fire with mild damage may be repaired and restored in a few weeks. To get an accurate estimate of how long the restoration process will take, have an experienced contractor assess your home. The experts at Reichelt Plumbing are happy to come and estimate the time it will take to get your home back to like-new condition.
How can we safely inspect our house after fire damage?
Determining if your home is safe and habitable again after a fire shouldn’t be left to your family. You need the help of a professional inspector to assess your home. Some contractors are less-than-honest with you regarding repairs. After a fire, there may be toxic chemicals and materials released or exposed in your property. The structural integrity of your home may be impacted as well. If you are trying to determine the extent of the fire damage to your home, contact Reichelt Plumbing. We are happy to provide you with an extensive inspection to determine what repairs need to be completed.
If the fire was relatively small and only affected a small area, do we really need professional cleanup?
While a fire may only cause damage in a small area of your home, it is important that you utilize professional help to determine what you can and cannot clean on your own. Soot particles may be still released into the air, which can cause breathing issues in sensitive individuals. Standing water and damaged electrical appliances can cause a serious hazard to you and your family. Any wet flooring can be very slippery, which can cause dangerous falls to those living in your home. The safest way to clean after a fire of any size is to call a professional company like Reichelt Plumbing.