Emergency Fire Restoration Services in Schererville, IN and Northwest Indiana
Fire Hydrant Installation & Maintenance
Fire hydrants are a crucial aspect of each construction project that Reichelt performs. There are many codes that must be met when installing a fire hydrant as well as complicated upkeep. Reichelt’s experienced plumbers can do the job. Our experience speaks for itself, and we are familiar with all the local plumbing codes.
Reichelt can also inspect your fire hydrant for you, especially if it is on private property. Fires are no laughing matter, and it is important that in cases of emergency your fire hydrant is working properly. Even those that carry a ten years warranty will need maintenance. That’s why our plumbers recommend having an annual inspection.
When checking your fire hydrant, our experienced team members are looking for:
- Making sure the hydrant drains properly when closed
- Checking that outlets face the correct direction for pumper to hydrant connections
- Damage caused by traffic accidents
- Obstructions (i.e., utility poles, walls, or fences) that are too close to the hydrant
- Making sure the operating stem is quickly turned
- Any obstructions inside the hydrant that can restrict water flow such as trash and debris
- Sufficient clearance between the ground and the hydrant outlets
Fire Hydrant Replacement
While fire hydrants typically have a long lifespan (50+ years), they do sometimes require replacement. Reichelt Plumbing performs fire hydrant replacement services if your site’s existing fire hydrant isn’t working as well as it should be. A hydrant in need of replacement should not be avoided! If the water isn’t flowing well and a fire starts, you could run the risk of major property damage – not to mention health hazards. When in doubt, give Reichelt a call for fire hydrant inspection, repair, or replacement right away!
He was professional, explained everything very well and did an awesome job.