Are you on a first-name basis with your local plumbers? It seems as though some homes simply have more plumbing problems than others. But if you feel like you’re constantly calling us for help, you’re not alone! Research has actually shown that most people call their plumbers once every three years – although it’s recommended that your home’s plumbing should be checked at least once every two years. Wondering what would prompt a call to your local Reichelt Plumbing?
Here are the most common plumbing problems we tend to on a daily basis:
- Running toilets. “Is your toilet running?” isn’t only the start of a bad prank call. It’s also a major concern for many homeowners. Running toilets can be more than annoying. They can also be a sign of major issues within your plumbing system. If your toilet is running constantly or more often than it should be, call in the pros before it’s too late.
- Dripping faucets. The sound of a dripping faucet is enough to make you crazy. More importantly, even the slightest faucet drip can lead to major issues such as water damage, mold, and more. If you have a dripping faucet, don’t let it go unattended.
- Clogged drains. This is one that we see often, especially in older homes and those inhabited by young children. Clogged drains can build up over time or be caused by a foreign object mistakenly flushed or dropped down the drain. There are several DIY fixes to unclog minor clogs in your drains, or professional drain cleaning for especially stubborn clogs.
- Water heater. If you find yourself taking more luke-warm showers than you’d like, it might be time to get your water heater looked at. Water heater problems can be caused by a whole slew of issues – ranging from small cracks and leaks to the need for an entirely new water heater system. Don’t suffer through another cold shower! We are here to help.
- Sump pump. Unfortunately, sump pumps often fail when we need them most – caused by extreme weather and overuse. We can help you get your sump pump up and running again quickly and tend to any water damage that might have occurred as a result of your system failing.
- Low water pressure. Low water pressure is often a sign that your plumbing system is in need of a good cleaning. It can also be caused by a leak in your plumbing or cracked or corroded pipes. If your water isn’t coming out of faucets quite like it should be, don’t ignore the issue.
- Leaking pipes. Leaking pipes can lead to a whole slew of problems within your plumbing system. Even the smallest leak has the potential to become a major issue within your home. Don’t risk mold growth, water damage, or plumbing back-ups – get the leak fixed ASAP.
- Slow drains. Similar to clogged drains, slow drains are often the result of a foreign object in your plumbing or a buildup of residue that can be caused by corroding pipes or cracks. A slow drain is nothing to ignore. Let our team take a look at make sure you don’t have a bigger underlying problem.
- Sewer back-up. Sewer back-up is every homeowner’s nightmare. No one wants to deal with the unwanted smell and health hazard that sewer back-up can bring. If you notice unusual stench coming from your toilet or drains, or if you can visibly see signs of sewer backup in places such as your bathtub, call us 24/7 for emergency services!
Professional plumbers in Schererville
Have you experienced a recurring plumbing problem we didn’t mention above? Reichelt Plumbing is here to help with any form of plumbing issue you might be having. When in doubt, call us at (219) 322-4906 for troubleshooting, service, and maintenance.