Six Severe Waterline Situations
Water is life, so your waterline could be called your lifeline. This is the pipe that brings fresh water from the city system directly to your home. So it’s important to protect it.
The six main threats to your waterline are outlined here!
- Aging. We all get some wear and tear with age, but your waterline needs to stay strong as long as you do! If your piping is near its final days, make sure to replace it as soon as possible!
- Corrosive Break Down. Similar to the problems that come along with aging pipes, minerals can begin to break down the pipes causing cracks or even full splits.
- Trees. Trees have strong roots, and can crack or smash your waterline! After all, we aren’t the only ones who need water to live!
- Winter. We all know how cold it can get in the Indiana winter. Although rare, significantly low temperatures can freeze your waterline (a temporary problem) or even cause it to splinter (a permanent problem).
- Movement. Construction, earthquakes or any type of shift in your ground could mean a waterline replacement is in your future.
- Limescale. Indiana has very hard water as a general rule. This means that the calcium and magnesium levels of our water is very high. These minerals can build up and cause blockages or even breaks.
Regular maintenance can save you thousands later on. At Reichelt, we have 25 years worth of experience throughout South Cook County and Northwest Indiana. Give us a call at (219) 322-4906 today!